Commercial Truck Insurance
As a trucker your Commercial Truck Insurance is one of your biggest expenses and with multiple carriers that will write truckers, we want to help you get the right coverage for your business at the best prices. We also strive to give you the best service.
What type of Trucking Companies can we insure? All types from Owner Operations, Expediters, General Freight Haulers, Household Movers, Dirt Sand and Gravel Haulers, Log Haulers, Garbage/Waste Haulers, Coal Haulers, and many more types. Everything from New Ventures to Experienced Truckers and more.
We can write Semi Trucking Companies in the following states; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, and New Mexico and write local and long haul trucking companies domiciled in these states.
One of the biggest complaints most truckers have is how long it takes them to get Certificate of Insurance. We partner with some of the best carriers that let us package your insurance so you can request certificates of insurance from them or us. We also have an option for you to generate your own certificates 24 hours a day 7 days a week, so you no longer have to wait for us to generate a certificate when you need it to take a load.
We at Associated Insurance Professionals want to help you to understand the different Trucking Insurance options available to you so that you make sure you are purchasing the right coverage’s to cover your business. The different trucking insurance options will make a difference in the event of a claim, and the right Commercial Truck Insurance carriers will make that process much easier. Let’s take a look at your options.
Commercial Trucking Auto Insurance
The most important coverage a trucking company needs is a Commercial Auto Policy and you need to make sure you have the right coverage’s. What are your options? Coverage options and terms will vary by carrier.
- Liability Insurance – This doesn’t cover your truck, trailer, or cargo but covers damage you do while operating your truck for both Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage’s can go as high as $2,000,000 and after that we would consider an Umbrella to go higher.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists – This coverage protects you should someone hit you and they don’t have enough insurance or no insurance. This covers you for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. As many states have very low limits of Property Damage we recommend this highly!
- Medical Payments – This varies by state, but covers your medical bills if you are involved in a claim and anyone in your vehicle is injured. This is another coverage we highly recommend!
- Physical Damage (Comprehensive and Collision) – This coverage is for your vehicles and any trailers you own up to the Stated Amount you put on the policy that it is worth. Usually you have a Deductible on this.
- Non-Trucking Liability – if you’re under a permanent lease where the motor carrier provides liability coverage. This kicks in for driving the truck on your days off for personal use. It doesn’t provide liability coverage for business use, when hauling cargo, driving to and from the terminal, fueling up, traveling to a garage for maintenance, driving during a layover, driving without a load as this stuff should be carrier by the motor carriers private insurance.
- Trailer Interchange – this is physical damage insurance for trailers being pulled under a trailer interchange agreement. It provides coverage for collision, fire, theft, vandalism, or explosions.
- Rental Reimbursement with Downtime – this is coverage for the rental and downtime after you are involved in an accident.
- Filings – We do State and Federal Filings.
The most important thing is to make sure you purchase the right coverage’s so that you are covered in the event of a claim.
Motor Truck Cargo Coverage
The Cargo Coverage, otherwise known as Motor Truck Cargo Insurance, can usually be added to the policy that includes the Commercial Trucking Auto Insurance. This policy covers the freight or commodity hauled in your truck up to the limit we insure it for with a deductible.
It usually covers Motor Truck Cargo Insurance that is lost or damaged due to collision, fire, theft, or more. It will typically cover you if your load is accidentally dumped on a waterway or roadway and would pay for the cost to remove debris and/or extract pollutants. They will also pay costs to prevent further loss to damaged cargo and legal expenses in the defense to settle a claim. Earned Freight Charges, the charges for not delivering a load, can also be coverage under the Cargo Insurance Coverage. Motor Truck Cargo Insurance Coverage options and terms will vary by carrier.
Motor Truck General Liability Insurance
More tucking companies are being required to carry Commercial General Liability Insurance. The General Liability insurance covers you for activates when you’re not using your truck. Some of the type’s claims could be; slip and falls on your property, drivers breaking things, libel and slander, and property damage.
Workers Compensation Coverage
Workers Compensation covers owners and drivers in the event they are injured while on the job. It won’t matter if it is in a vehicle accident or if they are out of the truck.
These are the main coverage’s most trucking companies need to protect their business. Having been in business for over 40 years we have experience writing with good companies that can cover you right in the event of a claim. Contact us today to get a quote on the various Commercial Trucking Insurance coverage’s you need for your business. that is lost or damaged due to collision, fire, theft, or more. It will typically cover you if your load is accidentally dumped on a waterway or roadway and would pay for the cost to remove debris and/or extract pollutants. They will also pay costs to prevent further loss to damaged cargo and legal expenses in the defense to settle a claim. Earned Freight Charges, the charges for not delivering a load, can also be coverage under the Cargo Insurance Coverage. Coverage options and terms will vary by carrier. Contact us today to get a Commercial Truck Insurance Quote.